BEFORE YOU ARRIVE ON CAMPUS
- Send official high school transcript. It’s recommended to also send a copy of your ACT, SAT or Compass Scores if you have them.
- Submit an application for housing with the $250.00 deposit.
- Complete housing preferences. This is mandatory and important.
- Immunization records: You will need a copy of your immunization records for athletics and housing. Usually your high school has them.
- Talk with a counselor or advisor about your classes after May 1st. Call 1-800-962-2838 ext. 7405 for an appt.
- After your advising session you will need to register for classes online at socc.edu. Click on the “MyLakerLink” link in the top right corner of the socc web page. Be sure to enroll in minimum 12 credits.
- Talk to coach to find out practice times, as you don’t want to register for classes during that time.
- Verify financial aid. School code is 003220. You can ask for an unofficial award to be processed if you haven’t received the official one yet. Call the financial aid office to do this 1-800-962-2838 ext. 7337.
- Log on to MyLakerLink. CLICK check your financial aid status. CLICK View Financial Aid Document Tracking. Fill out and send any financial aid documents.
- PHYSICALS: Physicals must be completed after July 1st. No exceptions. Example: If you had one done in June, you will need another one. See individual sports for how often they are needed and how long they are good for.
- HEALTH INSURANCE: You will need health insurance coverage as well as COPY OF THE CARDS. Be sure you know if you are covered for athletic related events in the state of Oregon as well as other states you will travel to.
- TRANSFERS: If you attended ANY college AFTER high school graduation, additional paperwork is needed. **An athletic tracer must be complete as well as have an official copy of your college transcript.
PLEASE NOTE: Turning in an Athletic Participation Packet (REDBOOK) doesn’t automatically deem you eligible to compete in intercollegiate athletics. You must meet all NWAC, NJCAA, NCWA/WCWA eligibility requirements and be cleared by the athletic trainer and athletic department before you are eligible.
THIS PACKET MUST BE COMPLETE AND ACCURATE!!!