• Send unofficial high school transcript with ACT or SAT scores. You will need to send official transcript after graduation.
  • If you DON’t have ACT or SAT scores. Take a placement test (COMPASS or ASSET) and submit the scores to Susan Anderson (fax to 541-888-7231) at the college.
  • Submit an application for housing with the $250.00 deposit.
  • Complete housing preferences. This is mandatory and important.
  • Immunization records: You will need a copy of your immunization records for housing. Usually your high school has them. 
  • Talk with a counselor or advisor about your classes after May 1st. Call 1-800-962-2838 ext. 7405 for an appt.
  • After your advising session you will need to register for classes online at Click on the “MyLakerLink”  link in the top right corner of the socc web page. Be sure to enroll in minimum 12 credits.
  • Talk to coach to find out practice times, as you don’t want to register for classes during that time.
  • Verify financial aid. School code is 003220.  You can ask for an unofficial award to be processed if you haven’t received the official one yet.  Call the financial aid office to do this 1-800-962-2838 ext. 7337.
  • Log on to MyLakerLink. CLICK check your financial aid status. CLICK View Financial Aid Document Tracking. Fill out and send any financial aid documents.
  • PHYSICALS: Physicals must be completed after July 1st. No exceptions. Example: If you had one done in June, you will need another one. See individual sports for how often they are needed and how long they are good for.
  • HEALTH INSURANCE: You will need health insurance coverage as well as COPY OF THE CARDS. Be sure you know if you are covered for athletic related events in the state of Oregon as well as other states you will travel to. **If you don’t have health insurance, you can contact Gerri Lyons at 541-751-0355 and ask about athletic related insurance.
  • TRANSFERS: If you attended ANY college AFTER high school graduation, additional paperwork is needed. **An athletic tracer must be complete as well as have an official copy of your college transcript.

PLEASE NOTE: Turning in an Athletic Participation Packet (REDBOOK) doesn’t automatically deem you eligible to compete in intercollegiate athletics. You must meet all NWAC, NJCAA, NCWA/WCWA eligibility requirements and be cleared by the athletic trainer and athletic department before you are eligible.


Due Dates for athletic paperwork:
Volleyball and Soccer: July 15th
All other sports: August 15th

Scan and e-mail to:

OR Mail to:
SWOCC Athletics
Attn: [your coach name]
1988 Newmark Ave.
Coos Bay, OR 97420

NWAC sports:
Cross Country/Track & Field

Women’s Wrestling

NJCAA sports:
Men’s Wrestling

Athletic Forms
SWOCC Compliance
Athletic Student Handbook